January 3, 2023 | Cole Arreola-Karr
The National Special Districts Coalition (NSDC) will open its membership and programs on a trial basis to organizations interested in joining the emerging Coalition of special districts stakeholders.
Individual special districts (or other special purpose units of local government) and organizations that provide services to and/or represent special districts’ interests across states are invited to join NSDC on a risk-free, three-month trial period between February 1 and July 31, 2023.
Special districts, associations, and other organizations joining for the 2023 NSDC Trial Membership Program will receive Associate and Affiliate member benefits during their trial period, including:
- Standing invitation to join monthly NSDC Legislative Committee meetings for involvement in policy discussions and to hear the latest legislative developments out of Washington, D.C.
- Access to grant resources for special districts through NSDC’s partnership with The Ferguson Group.
- Weekly updates of newly announced federal funding opportunities of interest for special districts.
- Special alerts and reports offering deeper dives into major legislation and policy topics.
- Access to a growing network of special districts stakeholders across the nation.
- Invites to attend NSDC associate and affiliate member events.
- Direct involvement in special districts grassroots initiatives and support for legislative meetings.
Those completing the trial membership period will be offered Coalition membership at a reduced contribution rate.
NSDC’s 2023 Trial Membership Program kicks off as the Coalition prepares to move on 2023 advocacy priorities for the 118th Congress.
NSDC is the only national organization representing and advocating for all types of special districts at the federal level and continues to advance legislative priorities for the nation’s 35,000 special districts and building capacity to provide grants resources and other value-added benefits for its members.
Contact us for questions about joining NSDC and how to get involved.